Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Keep on Truckin'

It has been a few weeks since our last post so I thought I'd give an update. It grieved me to my soul to make the decision to change doctors...for now. Rachel's primary care doctor has been through everything right along side of her and we love him dearly, but my husband and I felt that it was probably best for her to have a pediatrician since she has had so may bumps in the road since her birth. We hope that we can return her to our family doctor when she is a little older. Rachel's eating difficulties have caused her to loose a little weight. We have been going in circles with the weight thing. One dr said she weighed 8lbs, another said 8lbs 12 oz and her new dr says 7 lbs 14 oz. It is little less than a pound any way you look at it, but to a two month old it must mean a lot. The new doctor has a plan of action for putting weight on her so I pray all is well in that area. She was able to get some of her vaccines but not all of them because of her history of seizures. Her last EEG showed signed of seizure activity so she has been scheduled for a 48 hour VEEG which she will be admitted for. She will also have another CT scan. Hopefully we will be able to find out some answers with all of the testing. We are hoping to get a nurser practitioner to keep Rachel so I can return to work. Pray that that will turn out well. Even if not, God already knows the answers and what the future holds for baby Rachel and for us and that gives me the strength to keep on truckin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying daily for your sweet children and I know God has great things in store for them! Continue to trust Him and He will deliver you safely through this storm!!
Love you!
Jen