Thursday, January 17, 2008

Seeing Improvement


Rachel seems to be improving. The medical staff now has her pain under control. We have been able to get acclimated to the G-Tube in her stomach. She still will not take a bottle, though. Please pray that she learns that the bottle is no longer her enemy! I have to praise God for all His faithfulness and all of His blessings. We have been through the fire but Jesus has been that unfailing "fourth Man in the fiery furnace" once again. I kept telling Rachel over and over before they whisked her away that even though I could not follow her to the operating room Jesus would never leave her side. How precious are His promises! Your continued prayer is so very valued. We appreciate it more than words can express. How could I ever explain how much it means to me to have someone intercede for my precious Rachel? Please keep her big sister Samantha in your prayers as well. She has been through so much without having her parents at her side. God has made her a strong little lady and for that we are so grateful. (I'm going to pay for it when she is a teenager, though!) God bless you and we love you!

7 comments:

Susanne said...

We are praying, my Sister!!! For you, for Jason, for Rachel, and Samantha. Consider yourself bathed in His love!! You are right...HE IS FAITHFUL, and HE PROMISES TO NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US!!! I love you so dearly...know that I am with you in spirit!!

Jan, Emily, Ella and Sara said...

Hey! My name is Emily, you look so familiar to me, I know i've seen you around in Florence before. I work with Priscilla in the summer's at McLeod. I just wanted to write that I've followed baby Rachel this whole time now and prayed for her. My husband and I are living in Italy for his work until April, and the churches they have here are beautiful and we go into them on our walks here at least once a week, today included, and I said a quick prayer for the people on my prayer list, including baby Rachel. She's a precious little girl and it's nice to see a picture of her with her looking so GREAT!!! Especially after her tough week! I hope she continues to do well and please know that I will continue to pray for her to keep doing so well and hopefully take that bottle!

Emily Anderson said...

I am praying for you adn your family. It's awesome to see God at work. I'm so glad Rachel is doing good.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your family daily. God has a plan for Rachel. He is using her already! We will continue to lift you up in prayer and praise Jesus for what he is doing in and through Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Your faith in Him and the love you have for your children is inspiring. I'll be praying for you and your family and will post a prayer request on my site as well. There is power in prayer!!
Take care and God bless,
Briggie ^i^

Sharon said...

Sweet Donna!! Dan and I are praying for all of you!!! We bath you in our prayers daily!!! I have asked my church to keep you in their prayers as well, and have sent Rachel's Story to my Sunday School class!! We love you all!!
Dan and Sharon Holladay

Priscilla said...

Donna - we continue to pray for Rachel! Is she gaining weight?