Monday, October 1, 2007

The Doctor Visit

Rachel had her long awaited doctor visit today. The CT scan results were inconclusive. They still are not sure whether it is a hemorrhage or a calcium deposit. The doctor said that if it were a hemorrhage it should have dissolved by now. He was rather confused, though. He said the spot appeared to have shrunk which is not characteristic of a calcium deposit. Rachel will have an MRI in a couple of weeks and an EEG (which measures her seizure activity) a couple of weeks after that. If she has not had any more seizure activity when they do the EEG, then they will likely take her off her seizure medication. We ask for prayer for Rachel to have no seizure activity now and when they take her off the medication. I am apprehensive about taking her off the meds. I fear her seizures will start back, but I have to trust God to continue to carry her through this. My husband and I will be praying that the spot continue to shrink. Rachel is in God's hands and He CAN be trusted. He has been so faithful through this whole process. I could not imagine going down this road without Him. I thank Him for my salvation and for His constant presence in my life. What a God! He is awesome, sweet, loving, caring, forgiving, generous, all powerful, all knowing, trustworthy, strong, faithful, mighty, amazing, my fortress and deliverer, He is just, He is holy, His love is abundant, He is righteous...He is GOD! WOW!

No comments: