Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Prayer Request

Rachel is doing well in so many areas, but she is struggling with her eating still. She finally got the suck and swallow coordinated (praise God) and the beginning of last week was great. After a few days of consistent eating, Rachel began taking just a tiny amount of milk and then screaming...for a long time. It was obvious that she was in pain. She would not finish her bottles and that worried us. She would only take about half of the milk she needed. We called the doctor and he said it sounded like she was developing colic. News no mother who values sleep and sanity wants to hear. My heart went out to her each time she tried to eat. It is so hard to see her in so much pain knowing I must press on with her feedings so she will get the nutrition she needs to survive. Friday and Saturday her diapers told us that she was needing to take more milk in a desperate way. I feared she would end up in the ER by the end of the weekend. We prayed and asked others to pray for God to intervene. Today I am so pleased to say that she is taking almost all of her bottle! She still has fits where she screams and it is difficult to get her to eat, but just knowing she is getting enough is such an answered prayer. My husband and I ask you to please pray that this colic stuff will vanish and she can enjoy eating. She has been through so much and I just pray for her to "have it easy for a while". Pray that God give my husband and I strength to continue to care for her. Praise God for His work in her already! Even one day has been an improvement. Our God can accomplish ANYTHING!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Donna - I will keep Rachel and all of you in my prayers - If her colic remains severe and you need a mental break, call me and I will rock her, and love her and cry with her as long as you need me to. That is a sincere offer - I love you.